Saturday, December 21, 2019

Kiruna

Last night we finally made it up to Kiruna and a calm winter wonderland beyond imagination with meters of snow and Christmas decorations everywhere. This morning however, the snowfall had intensified and the wind picked up a bit. As I drove down to COOP to buy some paella ingredients with Eddie, I was thinking that this was the kind of rare weather event that would close down all schools in Kalmar when I was kid whereas here it is just another day in a winter that lasts for seven or eight months every year. Later, and despite all my gear, I have to admit that I struggled to run up Luossavaara in the powder snow but at least I managed to complete my 60 km weekly target and get some initial climbing practice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home