Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Conflicting schedules

At midnight, the website for Umåker 2020 opened. When I ran Umåker last year, it was my first real trail race and something that I had no prior experience of. As such, I was eager to register for this year’s edition and see what difference a year of training and some experience would make. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that Umåker is scheduled to take place on the exact same day as the Warsaw Half Marathon that I have already signed up for so, instead of bog lands, there will be cobblestones. While I am of course very much looking forward to running with Gabriel in Poland, not being able to run Umåker still felt a bit sad as I went out for 17 km around the lake this morning.

Now it is already afternoon and I have finished the second and final guest lecture on the IR course. With the teaching behind me, I have two more days to wrap up the planning of the spring semester. Before I get to that, I just want to pass along the news that there is a new electricity provider in Sweden called “Kärnfull” that provides 100% certified nuclear electricity so, if you want to make a real difference for the climate, that is a great place to start!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home