Saturday, August 17, 2024

Strategy rethink

Yesterday, I sold my registration for Kullamannen 100k in November as well as returned the extra Silva Cross Trail headlamp that I had bought specifically for the race. The main reason behind my decision was that I now have my schedule for November, and that I will be teaching from 8 am to 5 pm on 1 November, meaning that I would have to get up at 4.30 am on race day and then work all day before starting at 10 pm in Höganäs.

After being forced to DNF 66 kilometres into Halland Ultra-Beach (although that was mostly due to the food poisoning), it feels like I have a better appreciation of my limits, and even if I would be able to complete those 103 kilometres between Höganäs and Båstad, I am not sure if it would help me in my long-term development as an ultra runner. Having completed my first 100k race in January this year (and a 94k one in May), I am also less motivated to do it just for the sake of doing it.

Instead, I am thinking of using the autumn for steady aerobic base building, maintaining my 10k-per-day routine while also trying to run fast at least once per week as those faster runs really seem to be paying off, most recently today at Parkrun, where I was able to set a new course PR by running 30 seconds faster than last Saturday,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home