Saturday, August 03, 2024

Doubtful

While I seem to have stayed clear of Eddie’s cold, I woke up during the wee hours on Friday night feeling absolutely miserable in my stomach, forcing me to spend the whole day in bed, barely being able to go to the fridge to get some Proviva. Yet, almost eleven hours of solid sleep later, I felt much better this morning and ready to volunteer at Parkrun as promised.

After an afternoon swim with the kids in Aspen, I thus decided to go ahead with the race as originally planned, crazy as it may be. As such, and with the help of the neighbour’s cat, I laid out all my gear and began packing my new drybags. With the race starting in less than six hours, I must admit that I am indeed nervous as this challenge will be different from any that I have undertaken in the past. Having barely recovered and with the forecast now projecting twice as much rain, I can only hope that the adrenaline makes up for my lack of sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home