Thursday, August 01, 2024

Smitten

After last summer’s near-catastrophic accident at Smithska Udden, it felt particularly important to reclaim one of Gothenburg’s most cherished spots for saltwater swimming that has existed since the 1940’s. Checking out both the naturist and the textile cliffs, it was an afternoon of swimming to remember.

Otherwise, I am getting quite nervous about Halland Ultra-Beach which will start in a little more than 48 hours north of Falkenberg. Not only is Eddie sick again but the weather forecast looks increasingly rainy with more than 10 mm of precipitation expected overnight when I will be out running. Obviously, if I feel any cold symptoms, I will not start. As for the rain, I try to think of it is as a net positive as it will help me mentally prepare for future and more demanding ultra races.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home