Thursday, August 08, 2024

Back to the grind

This week, I am officially back to work after the vacation. Yet, considering that I worked a fair bit during the vacation, I am not feeling that guilty about taking a slow start but today I nevertheless started planning my lectures in September. And tomorrow evening, I will get the first batch of make-up exams to mark.

As for “back to the grind”, I did six kilometres of indoor rowing and then six faster kilometres on the treadmill at NW Örgryte this morning, still feeling disappointed about Sunday's race even as I remain certain that it was the right decision to DNF given the circumstances. However, in an old Runner’s World article, I found that Courtney Dauwalter also battled temporary blindness during the final 12 miles of her 2017 Run Rabbit Run yet still managed to win so, clearly, there are people much tougher than me out there. With my next ultra race being first in November, I will put a bit more emphasis on speed in the coming weeks as I prepare for Helsingborg Half Marathon on 7 September.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home