Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Rapid recovery

Considering how miserable I felt when checking in at Scandic Hallandia on Sunday, I have been surprised by how fast I have recovered since. Not only have I slept 10+ hours per night but, when not answering student e-mails or working on my grant application, I have been able to squeeze in a 45-kilometre (!) recovery ride with the kids across town yesterday and a 14-kilometre jog with Anna this morning around Delsjön (which of course featured a swim at Brattklevs Udde).

Apparently, this summer’s mix of rain and sunshine has been very favourable for mushrooms and, as such, COOP has been selling chantarelles much cheaper than usual. When living in Umeå, chantarelle toasts were kind of a symbol that summer was coming to an end but hopefully, down here in Gothenburg, that will not be the case.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home