Sunday, September 04, 2022

Race plans

Exactly one year ago, I was racing the streets of Trondheim, failing to set a new marathon PR but still having one of the best running experiences of my life. And one year before that, Elin and I were running through Skuleskogen and over the slippery cliffs of Höga Kusten, completing one of the most technical courses that I have ever attempted. Today, in contrast, I am just doing two easy-paced loops around Nydalasjön.

Having finished Ultravasan 90 two weeks ago, it feels strange to not have a major race to train for. In many ways, I am at a crossroads with my running after failing with Fjällmaraton 100k for the second time but still unwilling to give up on my UTMB dreams. With the transition to “running stones” rather than ITRA-points, qualifying has also become more difficult as I need to go for specific races. Still, it would be sad to have come this far and not taking part in what is essentially the Super Bowl of trail running. 

With everything being extremely uncertain at the moment as we are moving houses, I cannot say for sure, but I am at least thinking of registering for “Umemaran” on 8 October so that I have something to look forward to before North Cornwall Ultra in mid-January 2023.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home