Monday, August 29, 2022

Artemis

While the first launch attempt of Artemis 1 was scrubbed due an engine problem, I did make it around the lake shortly before 6 am and then to the university for the first day of classes. Starting the day with my political philosophy class, I had to go looking for extra chairs as the 76 students filled the lecture hall beyond capacity in what felt like a true post-covid moment. Luckily, I have booked larger venues for the rest of the course. The students gave a very ambitious first impression and I really look forward to spending this month together. 

Then, at 1 pm, it was time to kick off the brand-new online course “Ideology and political practice” which currently has 41 students registered. Meeting on Zoom, I was immediately thrown back to what has been my reality for the last couple of years as I was showcasing the learning platform with all its pre-recorded lectures and asynchronous assignments. Given that this is the first time that the course is offered, I do not really know what to expect but at least it felt like the course is off to a good start. Once I had closed Zoom, I was happy to find that I had still had time to make it down to the gym for some strength training. Considering what my schedule looks like for the coming two months, it will take a lot of discipline and temporal creativity if I am to make it to USM three times per week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home