Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Handbook

Back in November on Malta, I was contacted by my old friend Marcel Wissenburg, asking me if I would like to contribute a chapter to a new handbook on environmental political theory in the Anthropocene. Published by Edward Elgar, the handbook had an extremely generous deadline in December this year but, given how much I dislike putting things off, I started working on it soon after I had accepted Marcel’s offer.

In the end, writing a 5,000-word presentation of “ecomodernism” as a political ideology turned out to be slightly more difficult than I first imagined but, after a lot of iced latte, I was finally ready to submit the chapter to the editors last night. While I will probably be asked to make some revisions to the chapter in order to ensure consistency with the rest of the handbook, it feels great to have this out of the house for now considering how intense this fall semester will be once it starts on Monday. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home