Saturday, January 14, 2023

North Cornwall Ultra

After running South Devon Ultra just before the pandemic, I have been itching to return and explore a new part of coastal Britain. Following the sudden cancellation of North Umberland Ultra back in February last year due to a combination of Covid and the war in Ukraine, I was able to transfer my race registration to the inaugural North Cornwall Ultra which felt like an eternity away at the time.

Luckily, the day came, and joined by Petra who successfully completed the half marathon distance of the same race, I got to spend another incredible day at the Atlantic. With the rain stopping just minutes before the start in Polzeath, I was able to run the whole day without any rain. 

However, the heavy overnight rain had left the ground extremely muddy, and with gale force winds blowing in from the sea, it was an extreme challenge to make it up the hills. 

Overall, the course was fairly runnable with only a few technical sections, but the strong wind and the mud meant that it took me nearly eight hours to complete the course. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home