Friday, December 10, 2021

Windy Hill

Today, William turned seven and celebrated with lots of Lego, mud cake and strawberries. For my part, I woke up to the realization that I, in a moment of bravado, registered for Fjällmaraton 100k last night. While this year’s race ended in defeat, I hope that I will be able to set the record straight next August and get those 4 ITRA points. Unlike this year, I do not plan to drive back and forth but rather take the train to Åre.

Among William’s gifts, he got a Lego airplane featuring a dad who is out travelling with an infant in a baby carrier. Talk about flashbacks! I spent so much time with the kids just like that, long nights standing in the galley with Eddie in the carrier before landing jetlagged beyond words in America.

Far from all transpacific adventures, I made tacos tonight with some “Windy Hill” from Mikkeller Brewing in San Diego. With Fjällmaraton 100k again on the horizon, it is difficult to think of a more appropriate drink.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home