Monday, December 06, 2021

Mask up

Flying back and forth in an ATR-72/600 and spending just 18 hours on the ground, Kalmar turned out to be an exceptionally icy affair, but I am very happy I got to see both my childhood friend Johanna and my parents. Considering that I will spend the holidays up in Kiruna, this was sort of the only window I had to travel.

Already back in Stockholm, I am now having lunch in the SAS Lounge while reading up on the paperwork for Thursday’s meeting with the faculty hiring committee. On yesterday’s flight down to Kalmar, I was more or less the only person wearing a facemask but, starting from today, the mask mandate is back on all SAS flights within Scandinavia. Looking ahead, I do not see the mandate going away any time soon and, after my visit to Hessen and Covid-land (where I had to show my vaccination certifcate about a dozen times), I cannot escape the feeeling that a new wave of restrictions and cancellations is just around the corner... 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home