Friday, August 06, 2021

Indalsleden

Today, I drove 496 km along the most beautiful winding roads, first to Åre and then down to Ottsjö where I am staying for the night. Having picked up my bib (number 4038) in the centre of Åre, the reality of all of this finally dawned on me as I found myself surrounded by super athletic people with UTMB t-shirts :-)

As many times before, I was also struck by how little of Sweden that I have actually seen despite all my travels. Passing Sollefteå and then following Indalsälven upstream with its 26 hydropower plants, it is like a vast interior of colours that I would have placed anywhere but in Sweden.

With the transfer bus leaving already at 04.20 tomorrow morning, I will soon call it an early evening but at least I was able to swing by the local pub for a craft beer and some last-minute carb loading.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home