Wednesday, December 08, 2021

The world made local

Waking up at 5 am, I briefly considered going for some cross-country skiing around the lake, Shackleton-style, but with the temperature close to -20 degrees, I decided to instead prioritize my swimming. After a morning excursion to Navet, I now only have 2,843 meters left to go this year.

Having compiled this year’s Gold List, I then picked up the latest Condé Nast Traveller at Pressbyrån to get some inspiration for the year ahead.  While much remains uncertain with regard to travel in general, I am tempted to make one more attempt to run Cyprus Marathon in March. I am also already registered for Chiltern Wonderland in September (even if Elin’s participation remains uncertain).

For dinner, I made a creamy soup with chantarelle, parsnip, celery, and “Inocente” sherry from Jerez de la Frontera, perfect on a winter day like today.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home