Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Airborne

Just like when travelling to Lithuania in mid-October, I could not quite believe that the trip would actually happen until the wheels were retracted and Nokve Viking began its climb out over the dark waters of the Baltic. With the mask mandate recently removed on all intra-Scandinavian flights (who knows for how long though?), the flight down to Stockholm felt almost like any other pre-pandemic hop in the sky. After a quick breakfast in the SAS lounge, Anna and I then boarded the very same aircraft for the four-hour flight across the Adriatic Sea and down to Malta. Being my first visit to this tiny EU member state, I am already fascinated by its Phoenician past and the Knights of St John who built so many grand fortifications that the order went bankrupt in the 17th century. Though posting may be slightly delayed as I intend to make the most of the vacation, I look forward to sharing my island discoveries and, of course, report on Saturday’s 50k-trail race

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home