Wednesday, November 10, 2021

57 km ahead of pace

Thanks to all the running I did in the spring, I am still 57 km ahead of pace with regard to my goal of running 4,000 km in 2021, despite having taken the last three days off. Sadly, my throat is still sore, and William is still at home with RS-like symptoms, so this week did not turn out at all like I had hope for.

The good news is that there is sun in the forecast, I have plenty of Lavazza coffee and Anna will be back from Gothenburg tomorrow morning. Right now, I am trying to put together a syllabus for a new online course that I will teach in the fall of 2022 and also going over the paperwork one last time in preparation for tomorrow’s long meeting with the faculty hiring committee. Having been appointed for a period of four years, I am already learning a lot about the university recruitment process and how candidates are assessed. 

As for the picture, it is one that I took on this day in November 2008 when I was living in Melbourne. Time travel at its best.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home