Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Devold

Waking up to heavy autumn rain, I spent the early morning hours editing yet another lecture on public administration in Adobe Premiere before taking the bus with Eddie to the dentist. While I normally bike everywhere in all weathers, it seemed a little too rough for Eddie, so I splurged on a 24-hour travel card. And once I had the card, I thought I could just as well take the bus myself down to USM for one last workout before Saturday's race.

Ever since I discovered Icebreaker's fabulous merino wool shirts back in February, I have more or less stopped wearing synthetic materials when running. For the gym however, I have so far kept my old Nike singlet but, considering the difference in comfort, I decided that it was time to upgrade to a merino wool singlet from the Norwegian company Devold there as well. With the rain hammering down on the glass dome above USM, I realized that if the gym were any closer to home, I would be at risk of becoming one of those fair weather runners that I mocked back in May. At least I got a taste of the elements when biking out to Innertavle to pick up William later in the afternoon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home