Wednesday, September 09, 2020

999

Still running with Doctors Without Borders, I have now made it to September and 9 km, which just happens to be the distance around the lake. After two days without running, my legs felt surprisingly refreshed and ready to take on some faster paces even as my left shoulder has not yet fully recovered.

Last night, my political philosophy students started uploading their videos about the “canon problem” to the online learning platform Canvas. Working in groups of 4-5 students, their assignment has been to decide on one political theorist who I have not included in my pre-recorded lectures and make a video that explains why that thinker is important to consider if one wants to understand politics today. So far, chosen theorists have included Simone de Beauvoir, Theda Skocpol and Ayn Rand among others. In the next round, the students will now watch each other’s videos and write individual response papers that I will then grade. In this way, I hope to broaden and diversify the canon beyond the usual collection of dead white men.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home