Friday, August 30, 2019

Biking

With the autumn semester starting on Monday, I am getting up to speed with my new 17 km per day biking routine. As much as I love my green bike, I recognize that this is a bit excessive and something that will be even more challenging to sustain once the winter comes. But for now, I try to think of it as a good form of cross-training and aerobic base building. And, looking back on some of the more insane commutes that I have done in my life, including those that featured the high-speed train from Gothenburg to Lund, this should be doable. Unsurprisingly, the September issue of Monocle is on commuting, as well as the Costa Vicentina in Portugal and country-house hotels in the UK. Just like my extra-everything Asian shrimp salad with bean sprouts, it is all so post-ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home