Friday, August 23, 2019

Continental withdrawal symptom

It often takes about a month on the ground here in Umeå until I start to experience what is best described as continental withdrawal symptom. This time around, it seems to have happened even faster as I cannot even read “Seville Orange Marmalade” on the jar or drink coffee from my Hamburg cup without having intense feelings of displacement and nostalgia.

Anyhow, this afternoon I got a chance to take my new Nike Odyssey React Shield shoes out for a 10k run in the rain. As promised, the shoes kept me dry with good cushioning. However, unless it is indeed raining, I do not think I would wear these shoes when racing as they are not particularly responsive and the lack of ventilation means that they get rather hot. But for some easy miles on a rainy day, they are unbeatable so I am a happy bunny.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home