Thursday, August 29, 2019

On the lone border of the lake

It was shortly after six a.m. but the lake was still warm from the last days of sunshine. Against better knowledge, I decided to go for a tempo run to shake the odd feeling that I have been having in my body (even as I suspect that it has been caused by overtraining rather than an oncoming cold). I ran through pockets of air so humid that I almost mistook them for fever sensations but I made it around the lake in less than 40 minutes without feeling any worse at least.

Then, at work, it was back to reading applications to our PhD programme and deciding on what qualities that we think are most important. Hopefully we will be able to conduct interviews with the shortlisted candidates within the next two weeks and then reach some kind of decision. This autumn, it is 15 years since I started my own PhD studies in Lund and I can still remember how privileged I felt, to suddenly have all this time to challenge my own thinking.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home