Sunday, August 11, 2019

Mindful miles

After the rain, I followed TavelĂ„n on its way to the sea. While not much of a long run, I still made some mid-Atlantic pancakes once back home.

Down in the canton of Valais in the Swiss Alps, Sage Canaday is busy running up five peaks with more than two thousand meters of altitude gain in the Sierre-Zinal mountain race. After just running up BrÀntberget yesterday, I have no illusions how hard this must be, so I am grateful that I am not a Youtube runner with 150k+ subscribers and the expectations that would come with that. Seeing the signs to the airport, I also feel grateful for finally having some down time after all the global travelling this summer. Nevertheless, it is a bit frustrating to think about the many great races that are coming up next weekend, including Ultravasan, and not be running.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home