Sunday, August 04, 2019

Widen your world

After a few years of self-imposed hiatus, it feels like I am back with Turkish Airlines. For all the political reservations that I may still have, the airline does indeed “widen your world” as it flies to more countries than any other airline, including some of the places that I am most eager to explore right now, and I remain a firm believer in that engagement, rather than isolation, is the best way forward.

With the runway still wet from the evening rain, we left Africa late last night aboard TK630. Falling asleep as we were flying back across the desert, I could feel the excitement among the other passengers, many who seemed to be flying for the first time, eager to finally find out what the world looks like on the other side. Now we have about an hour to go until Stockholm and Arlanda where the boys will be waiting together with my parents. And once in Umeå, I can look forward to a couple of months on the ground before it is time to fly with, yes, Turkish Airlines to Indonesia.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home