Thursday, August 08, 2019

Carmen Sandiego

From Växjö to San Francisco, through the green monochrome screens of my childhood, the question remains, where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Visiting Eddie’s new school in Innertavle, Eddie told his new teachers about this educational video game from the mid-80’s and its present-day comeback through Google Earth.

Back home I made the first paella of the season. My friend Gabriel always complains that I am too quick to talk about “autumn” but that is easy for him to say, living in Warsaw. While the first minus degrees may still be some weeks away, I already regret not taking gloves when biking to Innertavle. At least I think I have finally solved the winter school transportation problem in a way that does not require leasing a car, namely through what we in Sweden call a “kick” (to quote a most classic movie).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home