Monday, April 01, 2024

Unbundle

Having been involuntarily downgraded from premium economy to regular economy for my afternoon flight between Vancouver and Toronto due to a last-minute equipment change, I decided to try out the option of ordering a business class meal while seated in economy which I guess is the latest in the ongoing trend of airlines unbundling their product offerings. Though they only had the vegetarian pasta left, it definitely tasted much better than it looked, especially together with some French red wine and the latest Condé Nast magazine.

Now somewhere over rural Montana, I got about three hours of flying left but luckily no shortage of student papers to comment on so I am sure I will be fine. With a two-hour layover at Heathrow tomorrow morning, I might even get a chance to take a shower and have breakfast in the Singapore Airlines lounge before flying SAS up to Stockholm and my hotel bed at Arlanda.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home