Thursday, March 28, 2024

Stanley Park

Staying at a small B&B where the national anthem of Canada was written in the 19th century, I was of course beyond tired by the time I got here last night. Yet, four hours of sleep later, I was wide awake again, which is not that strange considering that it was already afternoon in Sweden, so I laced up my marigold Torrents and went for a tempo run around Stanley Park. About seven kilometres into my run, the seawall loop was suddenly closed off, probably due to bad weather last week, forcing me to climb up to Prospect Point which added about a hundred meters of elevation gain to my run.

Once at English Bay, I could turn off my headlamp and be surprised by the palm trees and the cherry blossom, before sprinting for a few more kilometres in 4:20 min/km pace to a Starbucks for that signature “Raz” latte. 

With the conference starting already today, I am soon off to registration but, before that, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Easter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home