Sunday, March 24, 2024

Den Sista Resan

Yesterday, Eddie and I went to the movies with my parents to see Den Sista Resan ("The Last Journey"), a new Swedish film by Filip Hammar about his ageing father who once was a much beloved French teacher in Köping. Documenting their joint trip in an orange Renault 4 to Beaulieu-sur-Mer, undertaken in a desperate attempt to revive the father’s faltering spirits, the film managed to speak to all three generations of us watching and, eating pizza together at Ernesto afterwards, it felt like the perfect way of celebrating my mother’s birthday.

Otherwise, my mother and I have gone for a couple of runs around Stensö, I have found some old photos from my childhood (see below), and Eddie has constructed a railway station with my dad in Minecraft. Now on the train back to Gothenburg, I fear the coming days will be quite busy as I try to wrap everything up in preparation for my transatlantic flight on Wednesday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home