Saturday, March 30, 2024

Panels and seaplanes

Having changed hotels to the Hilton for one night, I took full advantage of its facilities by running a half marathon on the treadmill in the middle of the night and then swimming in the heated outdoor pool after my panel. In between, I presented my paper, which ended up being somewhere half-way between the lows of San Diego in 2019 and the highs of San Francisco in 2023.

Thanks to the excellent discussant Leigh Raymond from the University of Vermont, I received some really helpful comments that I will use when revising the paper in preparation for submission later this spring. I also appreciated the work the other panelists were doing, and I will definitely borrow a few notions like “palliative justice”.

Otherwise, I have tried to be outside as much as possible today as the sun has been shining. With Vancouver being on the 49th parallel, which is about the same as Paris, I might even have had a little too much of the good. At least, I got to see a few seaplanes and eat a great salad for lunch at the Cactus Club Café.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home