Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Juno

Today, I am trying out Premium Economy aboard Air Canada flight AC829 from Copenhagen to Toronto. Seated in 12A which is a bulkhead seat, I think the value so far has been splendid considering the small price differential compared to regular eonomy. With the seats being in a 2+3+2 configuration, there is plenty of room aboard this Boeing 787-9, and the lunch that was served above the Shetland Islands was almost on par with what I would have expected in business class. Now sipping on my second glass of "Juno" chenin blanc from South Africa, life appears as simple and complicated as always.

Having been brutally reminded of the ongoing culture wars thanks to the March issue of the conservative magazine The Critic that Sofie was kind enough to pass on to me the other day, I cannot say that I am particularly looking forward to presenting on Friday morning. Nevertheless, I will try my best to be as respectful as possible and, hopefully, the experience will turn out as rewarding as it was last year at WPSA in San Francisco.

With six hours to go until touchdown at Pearson International, I plan to spend the rest of the flight preparing an upcoming Zoom lecture and giving comments on a few draft manuscripts written by my students.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home