Sunday, March 31, 2024

Cleveland Dam

For my last morning in Canada, I followed through on my plan to drive up to Cleveland Dam only to be greeted by closed park gates. Unwilling to take no for an answer, I parked on a nearby street, and descended into the darkness of Capilano Canyon with nothing but my small Petzl headlamp to guide me past the fence and down the stairs.

After thirty minutes out on the trails, the day was slowly breaking, and I met another runner which made me feel slightly less guilty. As beautiful as the trails were, it was difficult to take pictures that would do them justice. However, towards the end of my 10k run, I shot a short video inspired by the one and only Seth James DeMoor which you can find on my Youtube channel.

Having returned my rental car to the airport after 332 kilometres on the roads, I am now in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, looking at airplanes and making slides in preparation for next week’s lecture. All in all, I had four incredibly days here in the Pacific Northwest and, while it may be a while until I get back, I am definitely not finished with this part of the world.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home