Sunday, March 31, 2024

Trans-Canada Hwy

Waking up to all blue skies, I started the day with another 15 km run around Stanley Park, this time following the seawall all the way. Though the first kilometres were a bit on the cold side, that quickly changed once the sun came up. Realizing that this would be my last full day in British Columbia, I decided to skip the afternoon session at the conference and instead drive up to Whistler which has always piqued my imagination.

Renting a Chevrolet Malibu at YVR, I followed the Trans-Canada Hwy up in the mountains to Lost Lake where I went for an afternoon hike. 

Unwilling to scare the locals (or, worse, risk deportation), I decided against skinny dipping in the lake and instead focused on exploring the trails which, I presume, will be full of spring flowers in a few days from now. Only during the very short time that I have been here, so much has happened in that regard with cherry blossom now being visible everywhere. As for tomorrow, my plan is to drive up to Cleveland Dam at around 5 am and do one last trail run before heading out the airport and flying back to the winter in Kiruna.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home