Saturday, March 16, 2024

Brooks

Leaving the moving boxes behind for a couple of hours, I walked down with Eddie to Universeum for a reunion with some of his new friends from the TV production. With one programme left of the season that features Eddie, I have been thoroughly impressed by the first four programmes and how natural he has appeared in front of the camera.

Over coffee at Tony’s, I read another column by David Brooks in the New York Times which again reminded me of the fact that, as good as Brooks is at capturing the prevailing Zeitgeist, his analyses almost always go in the opposite direction of my own. To my surprise, I found that I have only mentioned Brooks once here on Rawls & Me over all these years, despite my conflicted emotions about On Paradise Drive and some of his other books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home