Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Escaping indoors

Though I should probably focus on getting acclimatized for the month that lies ahead in Umeå and Kiruna, a real feel temperature of -17 degrees got the better of me, and I took the tram down to Nordic Wellness Domkyrkan for some treadmill intervals. Running 4-8-12-12-8-4 minutes in 4:16 min/km-pace, I was surprised that my heart rate did not go up more, perhaps the treadmill was also affected by the sudden onset of winter. At least, towards the end, when speeding up to 4:00 min/km, I was finally in true treadmill red on my watch.

After some Singapore black pepper beef at Amoshi that brought me back a decade in time, I am now at Fröken Olssons working on an article in what, clearly, is also about deep time, considering that I wrote parts of my PhD at this particular table.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home