Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Captain America

After teaching quantitative methodology and grading exams all morning, I went down to Nordic Wellness in Halmstad for some indoor rowing and a chance to check out their new Technogym high-speed treadmills. Capable of speeds up to 25 km/h, I ran a few shorter intervals in 2:50 min/km pace just to get into that Kipchoge mode, feeling fast and strong, a feeling that quickly dissipated in the gym shower where half of the guys looked like Captain America. While I obviously train more for general fitness and ultra endurance running, it sure makes you wonder how much time (or, more likely, illegal substances) people put into this?

Not allowing myself to feel disheartened though, I went over to “Best of India” for a tasty lunch and now I am already on the train back home with three more classes to plan for next week. Hopefully, by the end of next week, things will calm down a bit, giving me time to start planning the spring semester when I will teach four new courses, ranging from organizational communication to international relations.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home