Sunday, December 24, 2023

Running break

Christmas Eve in Kiruna and, for once, I am not running. Once we got up here yesterday, I discovered that the two pair of running shoes that I had left in April were not to be found. With 3,567 kilometres in the bank so far in 2023, this means I will fall annoyingly short of my goal of running 10 km per day but, ultimately, I think that ten days of no running may be just what I need, especially as I just signed up for a 100k race around Ringkøbing Fjord in Denmark on 13 January! Running along the North Sea in winter conditions, this race promises salt, sand, and a white spot on my map to an extent that I simply could not say no but, then again, I have always been the curious kind.

As for maritime things, Anna’s brother Erik gifted us a coffee calendar with monsooned coffee. Like with Ringkøbing Fjord, there is something irresistible to the backstory of how coffee beans were transported in clipper hulls for weeks during the British Raj and how the sea air and rain led to a unique ageing process.

For now, however, I like to wish you all a merry Christmas!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home