Thursday, November 23, 2023

Generative AI

Today, I have spent all day attending Halmstad University’s biannual conference on teaching and learning in higher education. With the theme of the day being generative AI, I was positively surprised by how many things that were new to me, in particular the first keynote by Professor Thomas Hillman from Gothenburg University who talked about what “basic” means in a time when basic can be imitated by AI? This question is particularly important considering that, in order to be able to pick up where AI ends, people must, in many cases, first go through the hard work of learning those basics.

Later in the morning, I presented my co-authored paper on HyFlex teaching which, frustratingly, is still under review. Fortunately, my presentation went really well, perhaps because I tried to stay true to the ethos of the paper by not having any PowerPoint slides or written notes (scary as that can be). Otherwise, this week has been all about teaching SPSS with little time for much else but at least I was able to go for an evening forest run, as illustrated by, yes, AI.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home