Friday, November 11, 2022

All the way to Rio

While I normally never repeat the same title on two blog posts, this is one repetition that was simply inevitable as Anna and I are taking off into the dark November skies towards Lisbon with a connection to Rio de Janeiro.

Relieved that my talk at the PIL-seminar went well, we left the kids last night in the trusted hands of my parents and drove down to Örnsköldsvik for a first night on the road. Like back in 2017, we had a great stay at the Elite Plaza hotel with its stunning views overlooking the harbour inlet and the old cranes from the 14th floor gym (if USM had such views, I promise I would run many more kilometres on the treadmill every week). From there, it was another 500+ km of driving, including across the High Coast bridge, until we could finally park at Arlanda Airport and return our rental Mitsubishi. For the rest of the autumn semester, we plan to stick to bus 120 for our daily commutes back and forth between Sävar and Umeå.

As we are passing over Copenhagen at 36,000 feet, dinner is served. With Portugal being a great wine producer, I got to try some Cabriz Reserva from 2017 which was definitely to my liking (even if not on par with my new favourite red wine, 12 Volts). It is strange to think that already tomorrow afternoon I will, at last, be running along Copacabana and the Avenida Atlântica.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home