Tuesday, November 08, 2022

River Run

To my surprise, I discovered that this is the first blog post that is actually entitled “River Run” despite that these runs have become somewhat of a tradition for Elin and me over the last three years. Though it takes a bit of an effort to sync our calendars, it is always worth it and today we even got to say hello to Justin along the way as we were running in absolutely brilliant sunshine.

Otherwise, the weather has been pretty dreadful since Sunday when Anna and I landed in Stockholm with the kids. Driving up to Umeå through heavy rain, we have now traded the Toyota Starlet for a fancy Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Plug-In Hybrid SUV for a week. Contrary to our expectations, the kids were fine with the 620 km drive with William playing “King of Math” and Eddie listening to The Smiths with Anna and me. 

Already on Friday, Anna and I will return the car to Arlanda as we are off for her long-awaited PhD celebration trip to Rio. Before we can leave, I still have plenty of work to do but at least I was able to finish grading the 150 exams written by my social work students. This is the first year that the exam is digital which makes it a lot easier to read what the students have written and also to give feedback.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home