Thursday, November 10, 2022

Fast charging

As the first snow started falling yesterday, I was out driving in our rental Mitsubishi hybrid, listening to the silence of its electric engine. With the battery running low, I decided to try the 50 kW fast charging station at Carlslid, mostly out of curiosity. Once I had downloaded the app to my phone, the process was really simple yet I could not stop imagining what a powerful message it would have sent if the “100% renewable electricity” branding would have said “100% nuclear” instead. Even if such a charging station would constantly be at risk of being vandalized by Greenpeace, that would also in itself be an important aspect, perhaps making more people aware of the hostility that is directed against nuclear energy.

In an hour, I am about to give a talk on how to publish pedagogical research. When accepting this invitation six months ago, I did not give much thought about it, but I have to admit that I feel kind of nervous now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home