Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Swimming update

Nine months into the year, I thought I should give an update on how my swimming is progressing. Having set a goal of 36,000 meters this year, I am afraid that I have fallen behind quite a bit though. Despite my intention to swim a lot in the lake this summer, I ended up with barely a thousand meters of open-water swimming and now it is already way too cold in Nydalasjön for me, even with the wet-suit. As such, I have returned to Navet where I did a first swim of the season today. With a bit of luck, I will be able to return once per week on average for the remainder of the year and reach my annual goal. Though I think that indoor rowing is actually a more effective form of cross-training, the pool is much less mentally demanding, and also a nice break from the autumn cold as Sweden, unlike Germany, is still keeping its showers warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home