Saturday, December 25, 2021

Being sensible

It is now more than one week since I started to experience cold symptoms and I am beginning to think that this may in fact be Covid, despite Anna’s negative rapid test on the first day when she got sick. Not only is the sequence of symptoms different from basically any other cold I ever had but I have a strange sense of fatigue that tells me that something is not quite right.

This means, that as for now, all running is suspended, and I will try to be as sensible as possible going forward. If I get well before the year is out, I might do some kind of Ultra Interval Challenge to catch up on those remaining 90 km but, if not, I will simply have to accept that not risking a heart muscle inflammation or something similarly stupid is way more important than any number in an app.

Being sick, I have had time to learn a lot of important things, such as that mouth guards for falcons are now back in the amenity kits aboard Qatar Airways, that Hilton Dubai Creek, where I went swimming with Eddie in the rooftop pool eight years ago today (as seen in the picture above) is no longer a Hilton hotel, and that when SJ cancels a train (as they did to my Kalmar trip), it is possible to change a regular first class ticket like the one I had to a single compartment sleeper for free (which I of course did!). 

Soon time to make some more coffee and perhaps take the kids out for some very gentle cross-country skiing. But first, I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home