Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Smith Street

Almost twenty years ago in Cambridge, I had one Newcastle Brown Ale too many but still had to show up for class the next morning. I remember being sharply reprimanded and told that they had a history of such problems with Swedish students ;-) Luckily, I was well-behaved after that, and the incident was soon forgotten.

Stumbling upon a brown ale from Smith Street in Hedemora, I made some pulled pork with black beans and avocado as I am checking out the latest Monocle with its updates on the art scene in Taskhent, the rugged wilderness of Alaska and the latest city planning in São Paulo. Having decided to finally end my subscription, this may be one of the last issues that I will receive. As much as I sympathize with Monocle’s global mission, I am out of bookshelf space and, after the recent price hike, it feels better to spend the money exploring the world first-hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home