Saturday, December 18, 2021

The world ahead

As every year around this time, The Economist has a special issue about the year ahead. While its suggestion that the world has “turned the tide against the pandemic” may turn out to be premature in light of the omicron variant, there is a lot of fascinating stuff to read about, including “greenflation”, Indian politics and “America’s purpose” as seen by Francis Fukuyama.

Though my heart rate has been slightly elevated, I have kept going for very gentle jogs after Thursday’s debacle at Nolia, and hopefully all will be back to normal soon enough. Right now, I have 116 km left to run before the year is out.

Otherwise, I made salmon wraps with pomegranate, edamame and cream cheese for dinner as a throwback to my recent Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Stockholm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home