Saturday, October 17, 2020

Building fitness

Guess the fact that I have written three posts on Rawls & Me today shows that I am procrastinating and should really be constructing exam questions for my social work students. With that rather obvious observation out of the way, I have been thinking again about macro-level endurance development and how I should train for Tjörnarparen 100k in February, especially now when my 54 km Sorrento to Positano race in December almost certainly will be cancelled.

On Strava, I keep getting these weekly assurances that I am “building fitness nicely” but still I am uncertain how I should think in terms of volume and recovery going forward. Ignoring for a moment that it may be difficult to find the time, one part of me is tempted to simply ramp up my volume by 10 km per week until I hit say 120 km of slow running every week. Another part of me is saying that I am already running too much at 70 km per week and that I should rather be taking more rest days or perhaps adding one more swim session per week. What do you guys think?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home