Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Marcona

Ally: “unless one glass of wine and a few marcona almonds are considered a wild night out? What actually happened? And when did it happen?”

On the theme of 40+ existence, I felt like I too had to open a jar of marcona almonds to celebrate the fact that I survived today's guest lecture with the graduate students (after talking to myself in front of a green screen for months it felt almost surreal to meet real students again). However, with the number of Covid-cases rapidly increasing on campus, I fear that we may all be back to online teaching only before we know it.

After winning a pair of New Balance 1080 V10 shoes when taking part in the virtual seeding race to Göteborgsvarvet a year ago, I just won another €50 with the “Doctors without borders” charity races to be spent towards registration fees for future marathons. Since I love making quick and stupid decisions, I immediately registered for a marathon on Cyprus in late March (luckily with full insurance coverage if/when it gets cancelled).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home