Thursday, October 15, 2020

Planks and medals

With snow in the weather forecast, I thought I would make one last attempt to run 5k in under 20 minutes at Campus Arena but, sadly, the gates turned out to be locked once I got up there. Instead, I decided to race the most elusive of all Tomtebo bike path segments, and voilĂ , I got the CR! Running in my Hoka Rincons, I was able to sustain a 2:36 min/km pace for 300 meters, something that would have been completely unthinkable only a year ago, again proving the value of consistency and patience when it comes to running.

As for external motivation, I received a massive Soviet-style medal from Tallinn Marathon yesterday, making the effort even more worthwhile. Regrettably, I will not get any medal when racing the virtual edition of New York Marathon next week but the thought of setting a new road marathon PR (almost a year after Beirut Marathon got cancelled) is definitely motivation in itself. While tapering for New York, I am happy to finally have a yoga mat of my own so I can do strength and flexibility exercises whenever I like.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home