Monday, January 06, 2020

Stranda

After a packing operation worthy the Normandy landing, we are finally on train 95 heading south towards UmeƄ. With regard to the running, I decided to take a rest day after the last few 20+ km days, and instead spend my time searching the web for my next big challenge. Even if I am signed up for two half marathon races in May, I am looking for something bigger that can inspire me to go that extra mile throughout the year. While I am still having some faint hope of running Barcelona Marathon in mid-March, I think I should realistically aim for a fall marathon or a mountain ultra. One race that I have been looking into is the 48k Stranda Fjord Trail Race with 3,850 meters of climb which takes place in early August in Norway. Another is of course the Berlin Marathon in September but also the Valencia Marathon in December is on my radar. Since I have so little vertical experience, I think I will hold off any final decision until after South Devon as that will give me a good indicator of what is realistic and what is not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home