Saturday, February 01, 2020

South Devon Ultra

Setting my alarm 04:40, I knew I was in for a challenge of unprecedented proportions. Learning from Umeå Ultra, I decided to start things slow, taking in the coastal views as I ascended towards the white lighthouse at “Start Point”. From there, it was just to follow the Atlantic on steep cliffs all the way into the aid station in East Portlermouth. Shortly after, the real challenge started, or rather the mud. Epic proportions of mud. More mud than Harry Mudd in StarTrek could even dream of.

In the end, I managed to run 54 km in 7 hours and 45 minutes, ultimately finishing 59 out of 88 who completed the ultra distance. As for the race, I think I need a few days to collect my impressions but now it is time for pizza!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home