Saturday, January 04, 2020

Polar Nights

Three days ago, some uncertain daylight returned to Kiruna after two weeks of consecutive polar night. Still, it is a bit like in the middle of the summer, that you are pretty much free to set your own times anyway so, after going to bed shortly after 8 pm, I went for an early morning airport run. Temperature-wise it is back to -10 again after the last days with mild Atlantic winds. Seeing Alex on Strava running with the November Project New Orleans (soft much?), I think the locals here in Kiruna may be excused for not starting their own chapter.

With a yellow warning for high winds from the north in effect, I have to admit that today’s 21 kilometres were on the cold side even for me. Despite this, I must say that I am very happy with the training that I have been able do in Kiruna and that I will surely miss these hills when I return to Umeå.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home